Monday, October 08, 2007

Hot days, time away and a bummer!

This past weekend, my DH, Tim and I went away..........to Beulah!! We spent the night on Crystal Lake at the resort........beee-u-tee-full. On Saturday we "wended" our way to Leland and went to the Fiber Fest there!! Quite different than the one at the Allegan Fair grounds in August. Mostly finished items.......but very, very interesting. Of course I found a hank of yarn at Briar Rose's booth and got a shawl kit at Mary Turk?s gonna be a webby gauzy thing...in turquoise.
We met up with friends and spent the rest of the day with them, went to the Early Bird for lunch then off to Fishtown, what a cute place. Then we drove up to Sutton's Bay, more shopping and looking.........poor DH by this time his allergies were acting up and he was miserable. But being a trooper, he kept on. We ate supper at Boones, good eats there too! Even tho the weather was HOT, it was a great time.
Then back to our room in Beulah....after a nights sleep we headed home. I think we stopped in every turn out there was...very pretty. Saw the Point Betsie Lighthouse and lots of water and colored leaves, a very nice weekend, Thank you Tim.

Now for the bummer, my puter is at the dr......sigh. The modem went in a storm and they are fixing that and virus and stuff.............can't they come virus proof???? For Grandmas!?
any way in a day or two I will be back online at home.
I am anxious to be on line as I just checked and I have been accepted into Ravelry ! Let the fun begin!
In the meantime I am working on Christmas presents..........elves gotta knit all year round you know!
Knit On!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AnnMarie,
I finally found your blog. How was yarn tasting? Fun?
Kathy is helping me do a sock, now I have to find a one legged person, as who knows if I will be able to do another the same...
Hugs,
Mar