Sunday, September 16, 2007

Another Sunday gone

What a day! The littlest Grandchildren were baptized today! All three of them! Then the whole family came here for a quick lunch. What a nice day.
Took a quick nap, and then off to the Country Health food store in Pullman, got some spices as I plan on making Green Tomato Relish on Tuesday, the tomatoes have to soak in a brine over night, so I will do that tomorrow.
Tomorrow night, Tim and I are going to the Casco Community Band's concert the last one of the season......always a treat.
Busy busy here......planning already for the Christmas Open House, anything this big has to be planned, or Tim's life is miserable. This year, I may bend and do the cottage and the Victorian trees before----gasp-----Thanksgiving, MAY...........we will see. Those are really the easiest trees as they don't really change much. The rest of the house, well that is a quite different story.
I have completed almost nine pairs of socks for orphans........I wanted to do a dozen, now if I didn't have to work this week at the bank I know I could do it, but I shall give it a valiant try. It has become a personal challenge.
On another note, I am resurrecting the Prayer Shawl Ministry at Casco. Will see how many ladies join in the fun, for me...........another reason to knit!!
Many thing are popping at church, Charge Conference on the 23rd, the Praise Worship on the 26th, the Chicken Dinner on the 29th---work in the Prayer Shawl Ministry in Oct........the Bazaar the first Saturday in November........this looks to be a very busy time for us, here at the Teske home!
Tonight I made pickled cherry tomatoes, they have garlic buds and basil leaves mixed in.....sure look pretty, hope they taste as well as they look...will report on the taste later...
Enough for now.........off to make orphan socks!
Knit On!

No comments: