Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tomatoes, salsa.........

all done. Ok for now, 1/2 bushel of tomatoes, green peppers, onions and hot peppers make Marie's Famous Salsa. 40+ cups of it!! All canned and waiting to be carried down to the canning products shelf!!
I had a 1/2 day today and this is what I accomplished! Now just to make it last till next season. Ok maybe not! I have 1/2 bushel still waiting, but they may end up being just tomatoes....hey I can make lots with them!! I forget how much satisfaction is derived from canning....and how much mess........But the kitchen and stove are all back in order.
Not much knitting, or anything else this week, I feel that I have been just drifting along.
Work continues to be work......too bad, it used to be fun. But now it is all about the numbers.....and I don't mean counting the money.
This weekend, if sunny and decent weather is here, I hope Tim and I can finish up some of the outside stuff......or if not paint the entryway. Christmas is coming and I **need** these things done, lol.
In 9 days my nephew is getting married in an outside ceremony, I hope that the weather is just beautiful as some fall evenings can be! The good news is that Tim and I will be able to attend, thru much finagling at work, I will be able to leave early and make it......of course we will have to change in the car, lol. right.
Tomorrow is Knit Night, something I don't want to miss.........I love those gals. Each one is special, but a couple of them, well you know......Some of us are going to be at Boot Camp. Hopefully finances straighten out and give me some flexible income......if not, I won't be able to attend. We will see.........I have to get stuff done here also.
Tim has taken on another job, bless him. He is working for the library 2 nights a week as a maintenance person....he is finally realizing that only he has the flexible schedule and stamina to do this for us. I will continue to find ways to live cheaper, but we do need a little cash to get supplies, lol.
We are going to be taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University course..it works if you work at it........so we will try.
Off to read a little, a Susan Wiggs novel and then try to get to sleep at a decent hour.
Knit on!

1 comment:

Punkie53 said...

I LOVE YOU MARIE! and admire you and your spunk! Where in the world do you get all that energy?
Punkie