Sunday, April 06, 2008

68 degrees today!

What a nice temp for a Sunday!
The Littles were here since Friday evening. Early Saturday morning we all took a picnic lunch and went out to reclaim/recycle some used deck/ramp treated wood. Thru joint efforts of Tim and I(mostly Tim) we brought a total of 2 trailer loads. Plenty of rails and most of the wood needed to make new steps for the front entryway. Winter has played a cruel joke, our cement steps are starting to crumble, it seems they are only cement blocks with a concrete frosting covering them, sigh. Luckily, Tim is very handy and can create a new set, provided we have the materials, most of which we have now, Thank you!
Last week found me back to work at the home care, it went well. Wednesday was the best day I have had in a long time health-wise. I accomplished much here at home, but after an illness like we two had here, well, it will take a little time to get the rhythm back! But it is coming..........
I knit a Prayer Shawl last week in light blue Red Heart Baby Clouds. Sorry Red Heart, but this is nasty stuff to knit with, big puffs which continually get caught on the needle. But on size 17s it was a quick knit and looks good in the basket for distribution.
Hope/plan on starting another this week also. My shawl for the wedding is knit out of cotton twist, in a pretty pink and greens varigeted, I have only one hank to knit and then it will be bound off, dropping the stitches for a lacy effect. I plan on crocheting a border rather than fringe it. I don't think I am really a "fringe" girl. Bohemian, yes, but not to the point of fringe-y, lol.
Off to knit, want to finish up that shawl..................
Knit On.

1 comment:

Myrna said...

I wanna see the shawl! Take a picture, please. :-)

LYB