Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving and beyond

Here in our home we have much to be thankful for-health, jobs, family, a great house, the list goes on and on.
In the next 10 days, ok not really counting the next 4, because I refuse to decorate before the day after Thanksgiving, things will be getting crazy here!
Our annual Celebration of the Holiday Season is on Dec. 2 from 1-6pm. We will be all decorated and ready to go, by hopefully the Friday night before....that means in a total of 8 days the whole house will be transformed into a Christmas home. Now that wouldn't be so hard, except, we actually have to work at our jobs, Tim has painting, plastering and building projects to complete PRIOR to being able to decorate certain rooms. I have some papering and sewing projects to complete also..........YIKES! And here is the kicker, our "littles", our young grandchildren, who spend(and have since the first of the year) will be spending the weekend here. ONLY Saturday night and part of Sunday (the 24th and 25th) but they will be back the evening of the 1st. So everything HAS to be decorated by then, only refreshments and tiny and I mean very tiny details to complete.
It should be very interesting, very interesting. Between Tim and I we have given out over 150 invitations and we have a list to mail and some yet to give away...we are soooo ambitious.
To top it off, Tim has taken a part time Santa position, only Friday the 23rd, Sunday the 25th and then not again until after the open house, so I will need to plan very carefully when I need his help.
I am hoping to get Mom to help with decorating the cottage, as that is where she stays when she is over. Maybe we can get those on target by Saturday the 24th, and the Victorian tree that day also as the littles could help decorate it.
It should be interesting.
Along with that tidbit, I think I am safe in posting that the position I applied for last week, is to be mine. Alas, no more money, but a move away from the team leader who is so disrespectful. Honestly, most of the time I don't care, but last Saturday, he cut me to the quick and I cried all the way home. I hate that I let his snide nasty comment hurt me, usually I am thicker skinned than that! So this week I wil try to avoid any and all conservation with him. I do know that I am getting really burned out, I have worked 6 Saturdays in a row, with this upcoming Saturday to be my Last in the Douglas branch. That means 7 weeks I have worked 6 days a week. I never would have applied for this job in Fennville, but for that. The other gals are totally capable of working 2 on, 1 off, but tooo selfish to work as a team. So this team player chose to look elsewhere. I do believe that I can do what I do at Fenville's branch. It is a different branch as the locale is somewhat different than Douglas. We will see..........I am on vacation for a week starting Dec 3, so when I leave work on the 30th at 1, I won't be returning to the Douglas branch.

Of course this could change as the bank seems to always manipulate employees lives as much as they can legally do.
OK enough on that! I have gotten up way too early and have way too much to do today, so I think I will lay on the couch for awhile................................and maybe catch a quick nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this is too early for congratulations on your new position. I also can't believe you were up typing at 4:20 am. I am just getting around to reading your blog because my butt has been dragging for days. I don't know where you get all your energy. I will continue to pray for your projects yet to be completed and that you don't #!*@ Tim. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oops. That comment was from me.
Punkie53