Thursday, May 01, 2008

go to the Wedding shoes!

Ok I am going to try and get the picture where I want it, if it doesn't work, well, they are destined to be on the top..for now.
OK!! I was able to move it!! Hurrah for being stubborn and wanting to figure this out for myself!
the shoes are a satin fabric with embroidery and cut outs, rubber soles, so we don't have to worry about me being ungraceful.
Oh, in my last post I forgot to tell about the Sunday potluck and auction...
Tim and I got to church early, 9 am to get stuff arranged on tables as it came in for the after church, after potluck auction. And did stuff come in.
Church starts, Tim doesn't sing in the choir as he feels really crappy, so I sing, but after the anthem, I go down to sit in then pew with Tim. He starts coughing and gagging so out he runs. I sit there awhile and then I go out, as I am sure the dining hall needs attention-read here tables and chairs. Yes, it does, sigh. So we start setting up additional, with another's help. Then we get the food out, cut if needed, table ware, plates, make up the punch all of that jazz...by this time I am steaming, I am not the only person on the finance committee..........there are at least 9 others, where are they?? And where is the chairperson?? So church ends, everyone comes rushing out to eat-of course. I am really ticked off that the chairperson is so unaware of his needing to be helping that I basically go off!! Tell him, I won't be counting the offering, and he will be cleaning up as I am done.
Ha.
The auction begins and guess who is to be the person writing down the purchase and the cashier??Yep. me.
We get thru it, that's the long story short. Disappointingly, my perfect little felted purse went with an end of auction clear the table sweep..for about $3-I won't do that again. and here is the one which is most disappointing for us, the 2 night stay in our cottage, value $160- went for $25. A box of cookies went for $20-so next time I will just bake cookies. Or not.

It has taken until last night for me to get rid of my feeling on this auction and the lack of participation of the other members of the committee, enough so that I may not be attending the next meeting..........I am still ticked, just trying not to let it rule me.
Off to grab a quick nap before my day begins, officially!
Knit on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. So cute.. I was wondering for a perfect match for my wedding gown. Finally I got a wide range of wedding shoes with best deals only at Macys.

Shu Luva' said...

I'm making a journey to find a perfect shoes for my wedding, and I make a blog about it...

www.weddingshoeslover.blogspot.com