Friday, June 20, 2008

Another Chapter is coming to a close

Appropriate from a "librarian" don't you think?
Last week on Friday I was contacted by an old friend, did I want to consider working for him??
Full time with benefits?? Only kicker was I would have to drive 30 miles...one way. But it is all expressway.
So I interviewed for the job. Was told they would call me on Thursday...and they did..did I want it? Yah, you betcha!
So today is the hard part. Telling my home care employer, I will miss my elders, but not the secondhand smoke at the one persons home-I tell you it is so thick that I need a shower when I am done there! And as for my gentleman, well, I do feel badly about him, he trusts and likes me. I hope he understands it is only about the money. Not him.
I will also have to tell someone from the library board. This ain't gonna be fun. Since the director has moved on there is Chaos reigning! I just wanted to do a job, a good job. Every day it seemed my position was diminshed further. I was hired to be the Youth Librarian, and I felt yesterday to be just a little above a Page-high school students who re-shelve books. Not that I am above shelving books, but when I am told a 20 year old spoiled arrogant child is "in charge"-not the message I had received just 5 days before! Well, it is time to move on.
So I will work the weekend, and be done, figure it out. I am moving on. Only one story time-will need to have someone cover it, maybe two...guess the "summer college student" can do that too!
So I am going to look at books on CD, better than radio for my drive??? Since driving will cut into my reading time and my knitting time, maybe lunch hours will be dedicated to that!
But no weekends, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation.............plus bennies........well I gotta go!
As for the driving, well, I drove almost as much doing the two jobs! And this will be highway..one way, stop for the day, and then one way home.
So off to do errands, but first knit.
Knit on!

No comments: