Thursday, December 02, 2010

Day two of the month of December

and the fun just continues.

Busy, exhausting day yesterday from daybreak on. We took the van to work, seemed a smarter idea considering the weather. Well, it starts to choke. DH says should we just go on? (so it is true, he just ignores or refuses to address the bumpy parts of life, sigh.) No, take it to the mechanic.
The kind hearted mechanic takes us to work, great now I am stranded here all day, can't do the errand running I had planned-like that is anything new.
Another kind person-co-worker, takes us home. Van is now "in the bay"-so what does that mean, it means no one knows why this piece of crap that DH had to have in the first place is doing what it does when the tough needs to be going.
So we are home, a cool 53° in the house, tolerable, but one would actually need wood which is not unsplit logs to start a fire. I am good at firebuilding, but not that good. I do need atleast 3 pieces of kindling, you know kindling, right, small DRY sticks. So after an hour and a half I have a decent fire going. Going to be a long, long night.
And I was correct, it was.
So off to bed, hoping that Dec 2 will be kinder.
Wake up with a migraine. Great, I HAVE to be to work today. Take the meds and hope the nausea goes away-after 1.5 hours it still has not. But being a woman, I will tough it up.
The PT does not have the weight I had asked for over the wheels. I will have to take care of that this weekend. Tell me why again I got married? Certainly does not seem to be to acquire a help-mate. Tell me it will get better...lie to me if you will.
Off to find something warm to brave the day with...might even try out that new turquoise scarf I indulgently knit for myself!
Knit on.

No comments: