Friday, August 17, 2007

Another day closer to vacation

By this time next week, I will officially be on vacation from the work day week. Yahoo!!
I will be outta the bank until Sept 5........a long time coming. Of course with the purchase of the new homestead last year, we have no vacation fund, so we are vacationing at home. Working on the projects we would normally try to get done and put in a 40+ hour work week. This summer having the kids has put most of that on hold, so now it is most needed. One thing I want to especially get done is finish organizing the craft room, I selfishly want it so I can just walk in and place my hand on whatever it is my little heart desires to do at that time, not "search". Now don't misunderstand this is a little room, lined with book shelves, so there is no comfy stitching/knitting chair! But to actually have all my stuffs organized, well, that would make me very happy.
Fiberfest is tomorrow, while it actually starts today, and we will be going. IF you have never been able to go, and you knit, stitch or whatever, you should!! It is an amazing thing to see!
DeWitt's Ox Roast is this weekend also, and while it is tradition that we attend that, I have to work on Saturday morning, so we would miss out on the parade. Not to mention that the current cost of gas is prohibitive. So for this year we will do the Fiberfest and stay at home missing the fireworks.
I have 6 pairs of the dozen socks completed and delivered to FOW!! They go quickly and I feel good about making them. Off to knit for a time before work, but I needed to post a little something.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-) I will hopefully see you in Allegan on Saturday!!

Myrna said...

I'll miss you!!! I am about to start on the potato salad. Have the cole slaw ready to mix. I still have the sloppy joes to make -- along with an apple pie, and the cinnamon rolls. Sigh... someday I will be better organized! Oh yeah -- we are not doing the 'food' thing this year. Doesn't seem like it, does it?

Myrna said...

Oh... and we didn't play real well in the scramble today. Came in at one over par. :-( And, I got a little sunburned - or maybe it's windburn!

LYB