Sunday, August 19, 2007

It's over already??

Fiberfest that is, we went after work as planned. Not quite as early, as Tim fell asleep and was *late* picking me up from work. Then the issue of getting him lunch, (of course he was to eat before we headed for the festival) which we did, after going thru 2 of the "barns". Wowsers , what great stuffs. I saw the square needles, which I would still like to try, but the sizes available were 10 and up. Glass needles, but outta my range at $45. Needles with fimo tops-hey I could do that?! And needles out of walnut and cherry.........again only in very small or very large sizes..guess I am on the look out for dowels in cherry or walnut...hmmmm, maybe with some fimo tops! I did purchase a surprise for my sister.......first and foremost a cross-stitcher, but she will appreciate the gift. A book for Tim, sigh, it was to me my choices, but I agree it is something we can use to make unique gifts. No more on that, as my sister reads the blog! And I did get some string........beautiful, 85% alpaca, 15% wool, in a denim-y color for my next crayon box jacket. Since I had not a major project in mind, ok I do but I have the fiber of choice already chosen, no a major purchases. Just a most enjoyable day!
After the festival, did we really leave before the end? We found 3 thrift stores........I have an upcoming craft show, next week and I need some display/sale items. I found several wood things, which I will paint black. That is the color I like to decorate/accent with lately, for that primitive look I love so much.
Then home to a supper of Italian sausage cooked with onions and green peppers and a baked potato, yum! Just as we were finishing..........our friends Ken and Janet stopped by with 2 outfits for my Kendra, how nice that she thinks of my grandchildren so often when doing the garage sales! Understand the kids all love Janet, as do we!
After they left, Tim had to run out to church for the weekly cleaning, I just sat and read my Harry Potter book, almost 2/3 finished, and tried to stay awake til he came home. I did and then I crawled off to bed!
Today finds the morning with thunderstorms, not sure if we will go to church as we were going to play hookey, but learned last night that one of our friends from church suddenly passed away. Tim has to go into work at 8, for a couple of hours, so we will decide be before then. Looks to be a lazy day, no kids for the weekend, for the first time in 8 months and no kids at all since early June. They have gone back home, hope it is going well.
Enough ramblin's from me for now.............

No comments: