Monday, August 13, 2007

So now that summer is almost over-aakkkkk

I am going to give it a go at blogging again.
My sister is ribbing me about not posting since march, hey who had the time???
My four grand children have been living with us most of the summer.....they came on a Monday with just the things on their backs, good thing we had clothes and diapers here! The 15 year old did bring one change of clothes, at some point we did go back and get him some more clothing, but other than that!! Nothing came here!
The kidlets have had a great summer, the 15 yearold watched them during the days and DH and I made sure supper and bedtimes were not his responsibility, as it most likely would have been at home. They went saw and did many things even tho Grandpa and Grandma work full time..camping boating on Lake Michingan, swimming twice a week or more ..........good kid summer!!
Me I have renewed my interest in knitting, and at present have accepted a challenge to knit up 12-a dozen, no less, pairs of "Magic 28" socks-my local Yarn shop, Friends of Wool has been asked by someone to have the knitters do these up for a couple adopting a child from Russia. The socks will be gifts from the family to the orphange. I feel driven to do this as I have the grandchildren so near........of course it is turning out to be a great lesson to them on the sharing of what one can with others!
I will try to keep you up on things, thanks for reading!! Knit on!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knit Knit Knit! Hey, I am working again on Friday at Friends so Ruby can go to Fiber Festival. What time are you going on Saturday?

Myrna said...

Yeah!!!! What are you knitting for me???????

he he he

LYB!