Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Camp StitchALot is over for 2008

Just fond memories are all that remain. What a wonderful time I had at this unique retreat.
With the exception of Tim's escapades, he came down with the flu and had several self-made crisis, it was a great time.
My sister and I spent most of the 5 days in the hotel, only going out for a couple of meals. Applebees, Lucky's Steak house and Big Boy. Other than that, it was a very intense weekend!
On the way to camp, we stopped at Michaels, and I found a lilac boucle yarn and the sweetest little pattern, for Charlie Ann to have a "Grandma made" sweater. Just a little garter stitch hooded cardigan. So while I was at cross stitch camp, much of my time before camp(it officially did not start until 7 pm on Friday) and after(officially ended at noon on Sunday) knitting.
Saturday morning found me in Betsy Stinner's Amish class. She lectured about the Amish lifestyle. She always does loads of research and has the most entertaining class. My kit includes a tiny basket made by an Amish woman which Bets met and commissioned to make them for her. The kit includes the floss, and fabric to make "smalls". These are a scissor fob, a needle book and a pocket to hold scissors. These then are all kept in the basket.
There were about 5 boxes of cast off charts.........and yes, I brought some of them home with me. As I learned to say this weekend, "I just couldn't help myself".
Coming home was an experience. Finally Tim agreed to come and pick me up in DeWitt, many of you do not know that he absolute hates me going to camp. Never mind that I have been going since 2000. He hates it. He is always "ugly" about my going, but truthfully, it costs us nothing. Nada, my sister always gives this to me as a gift. A wonderful gift.
To say that the ride home was a strain would be an exaggeration. But I will continue to go, as long as I can. I believe it is healthy for couples to have individual interests. Enough said on this negative subject.
So I am home again and questioning my choice to be in the home care. In the long/short, it is not cost effective for me to be doing this job. With the price of gas and the clients either not being there or changing their minds about how long I should be there...........I managed to bring home a whopping 7 dollars for 2 weeks. And this did not include the cost of my gas. This was after the state reduced my unemployment for what I had earned. What a bug-a-boo.
So I come home to Tim having the flu, but on day 3. While at camp, I got the coughs. Last night my rib cage was so sore I was sure I needed to have an ace bandage on me to aleviate the pain when coughing. Today the coughing is subsiding, but now I have a temp. But that was after doing all the running to get the car insurance changed and the tags for the two cars. Tomorrow a few more bills to pay and then just rest.
I did have a good time at my camp, but Tim managed to reduce my joy with all the phone calls and problems..this too shall pass.
NOW, I am focused on Knit Away Day and of course my upcoming trip to Nevada and California.
This post is very rambling, but that is the way my brain is thinking right now.
I am off to read a little...tomorrow I will hope to put the hood on the sweater, the body is done, only sleeves and the hood to go. The pattern has the hood sewn on after knitting, I think I will just pick up the stitches at the neckline and graft the top to finish. Then on to the sleeves. I wanted to have it done by Easter, but no way will it reach her on time. They will still be surprised!
Knit On.

No comments: