Saturday, March 01, 2008

Miracles Happen Every Day

Some of you know, my son Douglas does not live here in Michigan.
Earlier this week, my mom received an invitation to a wedding.
On the invite was an email address and a phone number.
I did not receive an invitation.
Ellen(My youngest sister, the one living at Mom's presently with Husband, two kids, dog and cat-anothere story there) scanned the invite and the envelope and sent it to me.
First I emailed a friend who lives in LasVegas, asking about Henderson NV-where it stated the wedding would be.
She emailed me back.
Ok, then I sent an email to the address.......it came back undeliverable 3 times.
This ticked me off, I was suspicious that Mom was being scammed for money for a wedding present.
Especially as we had not heard from Douglas since October 2005. At which time there was a mention, maybe my girlfriend is pregnant. And a plea for money, which I was able to scrounge up, without asking Tim.
We have heard nothing................nada............blank for all this time. My heart grew sadder and sadder, especially at holidays and on his birthday.
So in my Ticked off state, I called the number. "Hello" This is AnnMarie is Douglas there....... "OH, I knew you would call. I told Doug you would"

My boy is alive! I have been praying feverishly, as have several others.
Long story short, I talked to Deja for about an hour and a half...........Charlie Ann Mayhew is 19 months old. I AM A NEW GRANDMA!!!!!!
They had sent a packet to our Holland address, but we haven't been there for over a year. Hopefully the US Mail will return it to them.
Yesterday they next day FedEx-ed a packet to me...........it came today.
After crying for an hour-sobbing with joy...........I called the number again.
I talked to my Douglas for over an hour. He wants only for a wedding gift for me to be able to come to the wedding.
Ok--Tim does not know anything yet..............I don't want to tell him and disappoint him. Doug is his "boy" and it broke his heart as much as mine.
Today Tim was at a conference for church with the Pastor.
I took the envelope and waited in the church parking lot for over an hour for their return.
When they pulled in, they both looked at me puzzled.
I raised the FedEx packet---concern crossed both faces.............
I told them, "Miracles happen every day."
Then I pulled out the picture of Douglas and Charlie Ann..................with Spanky(my cat, who Doug took when I married Tim-he's allergic, but that's another story)
Tim started to cry................so while I shortened the story. He knows, as I do, that Douglas is alive.
Douglas is doing well. A good parent and a good provider.
The above picture is but one of the many I received. From Birth to 2/24/08 when this one was taken. It is the the first one Tim saw....

Words can not tell you all how happy I am ...this is such a wonderous thing that God has given Tim and I, and our family.
My Littles are here and that is another Joy. Life can be and is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marie, I am shedding tears of joy with you.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

Thanks for sharing this with me... love you much!!

Anonymous said...

Marie-You are so blessed! I am so happy for you! I hope this is just the beginning of a new and lasting relationship with your son and granddaughter! I had to read this twice, because it was so touching. Take care, love, Cherrie

Anonymous said...

Praise God! How wonderful that you are reunited with your son. There are so many things we don't know about each other and I'm anxious to learn. Love ya!
Ann