Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Electricity is Wonderful

we had been without power from 8 am on Sunday to 1pm Monday
we had horrible winds and zip it went.
we fared pretty well, no harsh words over being cold.

it only got as low as 45 around the edges, good thing we know how to build and maintain a fire.
I made sausage, peppers, onions and potatoes for supper on the top of the wood stove
In the morning I boiled eggs- gotta make potato salad for Teskes Christmas night, but no worry about that now~!
So now it is Christmas morning, and as usual, I have stocking stuff and the kids presents to wrap. Until the outage I was pretty much on target........oh well, maybe next year!
Happy Christmas to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Marie! I am glad that your power is back on as well!

Enjoy your day!