Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Annual Open House was a Success!!

After much activity, the Open House on Sunday the 2nd, came off without a hitch! Ok one hitch, we forgot to put out the shrimp! So we have that in the freezer still, lol.
All decorated and filled to the brim with friends and family we kicked off the Holiday Season. There were about 130 people who came out in the rainy dreary weather to join in the fun. And fun we all had, from ages 2-92!!
My knitting gals came and their faces were all aglow! They even sat and knitted for a time, I wish I would have had the time to sit and knit a spell with them. I am sure we will talk about it somemore on this upcoming Thursday. I love the fact that people feel so at home here and that everyone, or most everyone, wants to either stay in the cottage or here in the main house with us!
The Littles were perfect, only one incident where our Kendra fell, scraped her knee and tore her tights-not a bad scrape, but a good lesson in that her new out of the package tights were ruined and she was so proud of them. That's ok tights can be bought new, but our Kendra can not be replaced.
I must also give kudos to not only my sister, Mima and her DH, Chuck but Mom also, the all pitched in and got it not only "on the table" but kept it so.
The rest of the week I am on vacation, yes, after the fact. Much to DH's dismay, I chose to take the time off after, not before, as I explained, if I took it off before, I would have to work everyday!!
Yesterday was a many nap day, after Mom left at 10 they started and I think I had a total of 4 or more........and still fell asleep before 10:30 pm. This morning I feel more like me! Off to do the mandatory morning knit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got some rest! The house was beautiful and the knitting time was great.
Mar