Sunday, December 23, 2007

It's c-o-m-i-n-g!!!!

I as the little girl excited about Christmas!!
Yesterday I found, in the basement, a box containing our STOCKINGS! It had been lost for 2 years, and I figured Tim had just discarded of the contents, because it was important to me.
I was wrong, I tell you! There was my stocking and all of the other stockings we last used in Holland. We hang them for everyone who will be here on Christmas day. (I don't hang Douglas' as he won't be coming, I just had a thought..........maybe I should start hanging his!) And most important........................drum roll if you pleases...................my very first homemade Christmas ornament! Yes, that clump of sawdust mixed with Elmer's glue.......with the red and green string to hold it up, that I made in Kindergarten. It has hung on every single tree since I proudly brought it home, except for last year. I tell you finding these was/is an omen. For better things to come. If the sawdust clump is on the tree, the upcoming year has to be better!
Today I sing at church, The Carol of the Mother.
A soft melodic song, a lullaby.........I wish the director of music had taken a little more time to practice with me, but she must have confidence in my style.
So off to get the day started!
Reee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the church was filled with your beautiful voice as well as your beautiful spirit. May God's peace fill you until you overflow. Love ya!