Thursday, January 24, 2008

And the Lake Effect continues...

last night we received about 9 inches of new snow.......Thankful am I that I do not have to venture any further than the mailbox!
It is Knit Nite and perhaps, Tim will take me in or not....I am not ready to leave the nice warmth of the wood stove and my slippers, lol.
Making the rice pudding today in the crockpot as a surprise for Tim! He will have worked outside for much of the day, shoveling and clearing snow. Even tho there is no school, the sidewalks must be cleared.
I finished up the market tote for the shop, in a linen. It turned out nicely, if I say so myself, and I wrote up the adjustments to the pattern so the shop will have the directions.
Personally, I like my lime green one, knit in Sugar and Cream, a much "happier" looking bag. But, in either color it is a nice bag!
Now to tackle the finishing up of a couple pair of socks and make a pair of black mitts for a friend of my sisters-to ride on the Harley with, no less!
so I have plenty to keep my fingers moving-not to mention the pieces I need to get started on for my kit for camp. A curious tradition my sister and I have is to create a co-ordinated kit for accessories, ie. a scissors fob, needlebook, whatever. I do think my absolute favorite was the squirrel fob that Mima made me.......it is the cutest.
so off to stay out of trouble.............
Knit on!

No comments: