Saturday, January 05, 2008

January thaw?

So it seems today, warmer weather, not sure of the temps, but there is melting everywhere. Just days ago, we had to have the drive plowed out! Talk about money down the drain.....luckily our neighbor does it fairly inexpensive, so it is not too bad a blow.
Started on Cabeltini socks with the yarn Kat gifted to me-I think it was meant for me, not Tim, lol. I joined a KAL on Ravelry to knit a pair of socks a month for 5 or 6 months, I don't remember which right now. But anyways, I will have some socks just for me! Not gifts, but ME. And trust me, ME needs a little self-indulgence at no cost right now.
I have started the task of dis-mantle-ing Christmas at the Teske house. I want to be attentive to how things are packed this year. Usually I am pretty organized in regards to color and rooms, but this year in decorating, I found room for improvement. So while I have a little time during the days, without a guard, I will pack up accordingly.
The Littles aren't coming this weekend, I just don't feel well enough to take care of them. Today is Tristan's 3rd birthday, but as I did not plan a celebration, I figure we can do it next weekend. Perhaps I will be able to visit Kendra and Nicole at school during the week, that would be fun!
So off to get some chicken in the oven for my man's dinner, he is working at the library painting. He did his church job this morning, so maybe we can have a peaceful evening.
Knit On!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally something to read on your blog, like I have room to talk. It is amazing to me how I enjoy keeping up with friends this way. Let me know what I can do to help. By the way, I got a couple of super jobs through Temp agencies, and I did use Manpower once. It helps to have that foot in the door.

Anonymous said...

I am sending a big hug your way...Call me if you need to talk.
Hugggggggs, mar