Friday, January 18, 2008

I am a cast-on-aholic..

yes it's true. I am. Today I cast on some of the Red Heart yarn my sister gave me for Christmas. I had asked for 3 skeins of the same, but surprise, I received 3 different, lol. That being the case I thought now what could I do with these? Hmmmm.......the light and lofty is being incorporated with the remainder of the baby blanket light and lofty for an extra special Prayer Shawl. The autumn-y colors are still waiting to call out to me, as is the bulky.

But the one skein, called Monet, so you can imagine it is soft blues, greens, pinks and purples..........was dying to become a sweater. So it is going to be Sonnet, from Knitty.com, which is pictured above. This is an interesting knit item as it is knit sideways! This looks to be fun, there is a slight pattern(if you want to insert it) or it is just knit in a garter stitch...easy-peasy!!!
So my goal is to have one skein knit up a week, at least. Of course I have to purchase more skeins, while the dye lot may not match, I don't think that will be a major problem. It will just add to the uniqueness of the project.
I wanted a cardigan to wear with jeans and a turtleneck and this will just fit the bill.
So off to finish up the kitchen, think about supper and be thankful that I am in a warm safe house.

Knit on.

No comments: