Sunday, January 27, 2008

Friday, Saturday and now it's Sunday,

So where did the last few days go?? Well, let's see....on Friday, I was able to get my new glasses. I am trying to wear them more they do help with eye fatique in the evenings especially. Then I ran quickly up to Holland. I was on a mission!
I had to get the pattern to FOW, which I used for the market bag for one thing.
Trip to the credit union for another. But my big reason was to hit the thrift store in search of "new" jeans...mine are getting not only very comfortably, larger, but also very worn and saggy looking. So off I went, well, I was successful in my mission for I found and bought not only 2 pairs of jeans, but 2 pink turtlenecks and a lime green sweater! All for only $10! So was I ever successful.
Saturday found me back at FOW's doorstep-really next door. I attended Chris Blysma's Stashology! Fun and fun. We learned how to be random, something not only I struggled with but also several of the others too! But we did learn and we did see how well this could work. So after a delightful lunch and a little more instruction, we were turned loose in the shop to explore the newly learned skills about choosing what makes our hearts sing! No longer does one have to feel guilty about only purchasing one hank, ball or skein.(This is something which I have personally struggled with when we visit other shops and areas.) I now know how to use them!
Back home after the class only to learn Tim had decided we would not be getting the Littles after all. My heart is sad, I miss my Littles. But I did tell him we would be bringing them home next Friday. NO EXCUSES!
Sunday morning found me very tired, I apparently did too much late Saturday, I brought in 10 loads of wood, so it would be dry to burn in the wood burner. (It never gets brought in ahead of time, I am tired of trying to burn wet wood. So while I can only bring in 4-5 logs at a time........I filled the rack almost half full. And gathered up 2 5-gallon buckets of sticks for starters! This will make my life much easier!) Well, it was too much, my body fought me all night long with leg and abdomen cramps. Extremely painful.....and waking me up every 1-2 hours all night long. But off to church we went, I was the reader of scriptures, so there was no playing hooky. I am glad I went, the message begins a new series, Dare to Dream again.......... How appropriate at this time in my life!
While I have constant dreams about things to create and do for me, my home and others, I don't seem to have any Dreams-you know the big ones, if I had all the money, what would I do? Where would I go? How would my life change?
So at this crossroads of my life it seems a good time to examine and learn to dream, again.
Knit on...........I am. Gotta get that Sonnet Sweater at a stage I can show it off on Thursday!(Just for you Cherrie!! love you!)

1 comment:

Myrna said...

so... you just knit? you don't do anything else? LOL

LYB!