Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Monday, and dreaming

Daring to Dream-overcoming barriers that hold you back. That is the name of the study program I joined yesterday at church. Now usually I am not one for bible "study", but the title of this 50 day program and the time of my life, well it just seems like it might fit.
Dreams-you remember then don't you? What you wanted to be when you grew up? Me, my first choice was a Home-EC teacher, boy does that date me...
The and a recurring "dream" is was to be an archaeologist........yes, me, prissy, exacting me in a "dig". I love the finding part of history, so maybe a museum curator is in my future. Right here in North Glenn, I don't think so.
Then my dream was to have a store, antiques, handcrafted items and such. A friend of mine had one such store, and I helped alot.......windows, displays, painting, rep-arranging-you name it I did it. I learned alot about how things work together to be pleasing to the eye. For a time I actually got people to pay me to tell them how to arrange furniture and things to be better enjoyed daily!
Back to real life, now I just have mine and Tim's things to arrange.........but that is ok, I see it developing in my Granddaughter, Kendra. She is my little me(sometimes my little Rachel, too), she likes to make it pleasing to her eyes, lol.
Today, I promise I am going to Allegan to take that testing stuff, the weather is still yucky, but I "gots to go". We will see how useful this will be in life, but off I go.
But to reward myself to going, I am going to FOW's Tuesday morning open Knit. Yes, Mima, it seems I don't do much but knit lately.........much to finish up before Camp!
So since I want to get a good start on the day...........I am out of here!
Knit On.

3 comments:

Myrna said...

But, you have to stitch up your 'Red-White & Blue' camp stuff!!!!

LYB - Drive safe!

Ann Marie said...

yes, yes I do......will have to get the fibers pulled out tomorrow. Many, many things to do to get ready.

Anonymous said...

Hope you passed your test LOL. It seems you do have quite a knack for making everything beautiful you touch, including yourself. Love ya! I'll see you Thursday.