Friday, February 15, 2008

Fridays are great!

Belated Valentine wishes to all from me!
Yesterday morning Tim was gifted with a bag of M and M's, Cherry Gel Hearts and a pair of knitted socks. I got a wave goodbye. Not to worry.
He came home with heart "peeps", a cookie and cream candy bar(my personal favorite!) and a lottery ticket(which did not win). A cookie he got from school, heart with frosting and a strawberry newton cookie.
We had supper of a ham slice and home-made German Potato Salad(I don't care for it, but Tim loves it-even tho I did not use his mom's recipe) and green beans.
Then I ran off to Knit Nite..........came home to him playing love songs on the organ!!
Then we watched LOST. A nice evening!
Ok I did not finish up the knitted black bear, almost-going to be in the Easter Basket now, lol.
Nor did I get the clogs finished, will just be an I Love You gift......and still a surprise!
Today, I feel human again! I have felt so crappy this week, I was afraid pneumonia was setting in, but by being careful to get enough rest and fluids, I think I may have headed it off! Will continue my routine to do so......
At Knit Nite last night it was brought to topic to have a Retreat/Getaway...some of the ideas are way out of my budget, and not really what I want to do. I want just some knitting girlfriend time, not shopping or sight-seeing. I do those with Tim when we go away as he is great about indulging me with shopping(read here looking in many shops). So I just want the time to spend more time with these ladies I like so much.
So............... I have decided that in April the American Bear Cottage will be hosting a Knit Away Day! I have a chosen the date of Saturday the 26th. The 2nd Saturday wouldn't work as that is Prayer Shawl time at church so I was down to 3 choices. The 26th was the best choice. Note: If you participate in Angel Food, this is a pick-up day, but come after you pick up........or arrange for someone else to pick-up for you. Girlfriend time is important!
Keep posted for details! If I can pull off the annual Christmas Open House, this will be a piece of cake!
I am on a mission...beware, lol
Have a great weekend, and
Knit on

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be there. I am soooo looking forward to OUR day! Mar

Anonymous said...

We will have a great day, and alot of fun!!!!!!!!! Cher

Anonymous said...

Hold on....let me check my calendar....okay, I'm good to go and it's on my calendar. I'll bring sloppy joes in a crock pot. Oops, and my knitting too.
Ann