Friday, February 01, 2008

Winter snow warning.

Those weather people are so smart........this time they were right!
We are having Snow, yes snow with a capital letter. Tim says about an inch an hour, but that is the way guys measure, right? I don't think it is that much, but it is plenty and coming down!
I am straightening up the messed up house, with me home it doesn't get put back any better than before, February is going to start with me starting....now if I just don't get distracted.
Last night Tim took me into Holland where we went grocery shopping, something we do about every 3 months, oh we get the fresh stuff as needed, but canned goods and such as that only every 3 months it works well for our house.
Then I was dropped off at Knit nite, I love those girlfriends. We are planning a cookbook......we are all great cooks or know great recipes.......and Earleen also wants to add hints and stories. Imagine stories from us, lol. Some of them are a hoot, like broiled kitty?? Or the doggie door story? Or the flapping goose?
Does any one remember the Grit?? It was a weekly newspaper that my Grandma got, it had great stories.........we would have lots and lots of material for it today!
So I have to treat myself to an hour of knitting, I am working on the mohair shawl today.
Then I have to drag in wood, kindling, re-arrange the canned goods, do laundry, put away laundry and re-hem a pair of curtains into valances for the kitchen. Maybe I will have time to run up a set of panel curtains for the computer area, it seems cold around the edges today. I have the fabric, just need to get these things done. The bed is made with a different quilt and shams today. My log cabin house one, it seemed appropriate for a snowed in day.
The Littles are to come today, but I doubt that Tim will go get them. So I am trying to get their mother to deliver them here before she goes to work. I hope I am successful!
Off to knit, Rachel Ray is coming on and maybe I will get ideas for supper?
Knit on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I didn't hear about the cook book. I hate getting there so late because obviously I miss all the fun!