Saturday, February 16, 2008

It's Valentine Saturday!!

Tonight Tim and I are hosting a Valentine Party at the church. We have a couple of crafts for the kids, hope that those attending bring a "favorite dessert", and have a few movies, The Lake House(the main feature for "adults"), The Impossible Elephant for the kids and The Ultimate Gift, if a second is needed(probably not so we have a Sunday afternoon movie!)
Tim will be playing a few selections on the organ, we have invited anyone else wishing to perform in the talent portion to do so also, but there will probably be no takers on that-their loss.
If nothing else, Tim and I and the Littles and the Pastor, his wife and their 3 grandchildren will be attending. The weather is to be fine. So here's hoping.
This is something Tim really wanted to do.
Tomorrow is a potluck after church. I plan on making a General Tso Chicken dish to take in a crock pot. I am cooking the chicken tonight. And the rice to go in the other crockpot tomorrow morning. I have a bag of apples needing to be used, so I think an apple crisp is in the making this morning too!
That will make sure there will be enough for the littles and us, volumewise at the potluck. By this I mean, sometimes, there is not enough......no loaves and fishes thing happening. The first thru the line-especially if it is the Youth-fill up their plates and by the end of the line, not so much if anything to choose from.
I have a cabbage also, so maybe a coleslaw too? We will see when I run out of steam, lol.
So far the reactions to Knit Away Day are positive!! It needs to be a little planned so people who come aren't disappointed, but with my friends help(of course they are the ones coming, lol) it will be a success!! I am so pleased/excited to be able to do this!!!
Even with the continual uneasy-ness of unemployment, I find that I am at Peace. I really like my life right now, I am happy. Is that selfish to be so, I don't think so, it has changed the focus here in our home from money. Now don't get me wrong, there isn't any extra-and I mean any but that doesn't seem to be too big an issue. I have learned a new "skill"-reclaiming yarn( I love finding the 100% sweaters), cooking more and knitting and knitting and cross stitching.
Speaking of which, Camp is coming close..........my name tag and my "kit" have to get done!!
So the plan is to finish up the clogs for Tim, and then attack the cross stitching.
I am also planning on stitching a sampler which I found(with Mima's help) in DMC 111-now I stole that color from my friend, Patricia. I saw a sampler in which she is using it and fell in love. I love monochromatic colored stitchings.
Enough chit-chat for now...........this has become long.
Off to to the mandatory morning knit-Tim is gone to work at the library, so I won't feel guilty, lol.
Knit on.

No comments: