Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Ta, Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!


Here are Kendra and Nicole with our Valentine Gingerbread house! They had so much fun decorating this. I must confess, I did the roof while they were outside playing in the snow. Kendra loved putting on the candy, but she did not like the mess on her fingers.
Colee was good with it for about 2 pieces then she would drift away, come back and put on a couple more. Just not a fast enough process for our Colee. Tristan tried to help, but he fell asleep on the kitchen floor! Tim came in an took him back to the livingroom and rocked him for a time. I told Tim those days are passing way too fast.
So yesterday, Tuesday, I went to FOW for knitting in the morning, working on my american socks-the yarn a gift from my friend from St. Joe, Dawn-I have one done and almost to the heel on the second. I can knit on it when Tim is home, but when he is gone, I am trying to get a pair of felted clogs done for a Valentine surprise! I think I will make my goal, today I should be able to finish the main part of #2. Then the soles of both to go. And finish up his little black bear! Will he be surprised.
Anyway back to my tale of yesterday, I found this cool pattern called Fuzzy on Knitty for a felted boot slipper! I wanted to obtain some yarn, but not having extre$$ was creating a challenge. So I went to HL used my 40% off coupon and got a safe color, blue. Then I searched Ditto-one of the local resale/thrift shops in Holland for sweaters to "reclaim" the yarn. I found 2 (the sale of the week is 2 for 1) 100% Lambs wool hand knit sweaters. One in red and one in a reddish tone, with white accents on the yoke. All of this for $3.00!! So if this doesn't work, too hard to dis-mantle, or the yarn won't loose its crimp, or it won't felt. I won't be out too much $$ wise.
So of course being a patient woman, not, I started yesterday at about 4:30 pm to go at it! By midnight, yes, I did help Tim bring in wood, made supper and checked on my emails, I had most of the red one into hanks and all of the reddish and white one in hanks. I then soaked them in the bathtub in cool water until saturated. Then I gently squished out some of the water and hung them to dry on my drying rack. They were straightening out!!
This morning they are still damp, but definitely straight. Now just to wait, so I can knit up a swatch and check for felting, pretty exciting..........a whole new adventure for me.........I am already thinking of that pretty coral sweater which was silk and something..........oh and the cashmere and silk, beige one. LOL. I am off and running...........Tim of course thinks I am crazy, but he is tolerant and as long as it is CHEAP, he probably won't complain too much.
So off to see what else I can do today, oh and of course work on that clog.
Knit on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You put us all to shame with your energy and creativity! You go girl!
Hugs
Ann